ANYONECANCOOK - MOLTEN LAVA CAKE

Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies. 
- John Q. Tullius


Hello, I'm coming back with #ANYONECANCOOK post. This time, I tried to make one of my favorite chocolate dessert, yes, Molten Lava Cake! I usually got it at Bakerzin, Pand'Or, and Eclectic. Here, I found a good recipe from Show Me The Curry, enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate - 113g
Unsalted Butter - 113g
Eggs - 2
Caster Sugar - 75g
All-purpose Flour - 40g

Butter - for greasing ramekins/cups 

HOW TOs

1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
2. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in the butter. Mix it until the butter fully melts.
4. After that, add chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs, add all-purpose flour and mix it until incorporated.
5. Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (I used small cups) and pour in teh mixture about 3/4 way full.
6. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 180 C for 10 - 15 minutes. The more you bake, the more stiff inside.
7. It's done, you can add a sugar on the top and serve it with a vanilla ice cream :)







I don't think it worked very well because I did a lot of wrong measurement and I didn't use all of the right ingredients. I used chocolate chips instead of baking chocolate, wisman butter, and tropicana slim sugar haha.

Now, let me be the judge of my own creation :) At first, it tasted quite good, but I got a bad after taste. I just didn't know where this taste come from. I guess I could do better if I followed the recipe well.

OK, this is it, my own molten lava cake! 
It's actually not the best I ever tasted, yet the best I ever made.

p.s: 

MERRY CHRISTMAS
&GOD BLESS YOU


2 Comments:

irene said...

I made this too last year! it still looks good, but maybe you should opt for Blue Band and cater sugar next time! :D

James Hezekiah said...

Thanks for the suggestions, irene.
Happy Christmas! :D