STARBUCKS AUTUMN FOOD TASTING

"Starbucks represents something beyond a cup of coffee." -Howard Schultz

I do really agree with the statement above. Many people believe that Starbucks offers us more than just a cup of coffee, they sell a lifestyle.

About a week ago, I got a chance to taste Starbucks' autumn seasonal menu and other favorite dishes at Kota Kasablanka. It's actually such an escape during my midterm weeks. I was really happy that I could be there, so that I got a little time take a breath for a while from plenty college tasks. 

I met a lot of writers there such as Detik Food, Foodventurer, Elvina Febriani, The Gourmet Chic, My Fun Food Diary, FoodieFoodgasme, Full and Starving, Sheilla, and Yenny W. 

And here's plenty pleasure that I got at that time.



Sea Salt Caramel Mocha Frappuccino (IDR 48k - Grande)
Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and nut flavored syrup. Topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and sea salt.
It was one of Starbucks' favorite seasonal drinks. There's a lot of buzz about this drink in twitter. Actually, it was my first time to try this. My impression, mmm, it was stunning, of course. I gotta admit that it was more than just a caramel-blended thingy. I just fell for the mixed taste of sweet and salty. Two thumbs up for this.




Smoked Chicken Apple on Sun-dried Tomato Foccacia (IDR 34k)
A foccacia (kind of italian bread) filled with smoked chicken, salad, green apple, cheese slice, honey lemon dressing and topped with sun-dried tomato.
It's one of the highlight of this season's seasonal dishes. I personally really liked this one. I loved the apple, the tomato, and everything here. It's just like no other. It's a SUPER MUST-TRY.





Rustica Smoked Chicken and Cranberry Sandwich (IDR 43k)
Being Starbucks' all-time best seller, this sandwich just satisfied me a lot. Yes, a lot. What made it different was the cranberry in the bread. For me, this sandwich is not a WOW one, but I just fell for it. I bet you'd be addicted.




Smoked Beef Quiches (IDR 25k)
All of you must have known this one, it's a beef quiche. A hot-served one just spoiled my belly. It's also another simply-delicious dish that Starbucks offer at that time.




Purple Yam Coconut Cake (IDR 25k)
A four layer purple yam and coconut cake.
It might look like a purple velvet cake, but it's actually not. It's a purple yam cake. I found there's a lot of coconut sprinkle between the layer. For me, it tasted good, soft, fluffy, and not too sweet. As coconut stuff wasn't part of my preference, I wasn't that into this one. For you who's looking for something different, yet less sweet, it might be a smart choice.




Cinnamon Roll (IDR 17k)
Personally, it's a really good one. Came in a quite big size, this cinnamon was sweet in a proper way, not too much. For the companion, it's perfect to get a cup if hot coffee. To be frank, I still prefer the one at Saint Cinnamon :9





VIA Snow Flake Land (IDR 17k)
A coffee puff topped with chocolate sauce and white chocolate flakes.
The happy stuff was the coffee cream. It tasted really strong and really a nice. It also came in a big size with a smooth texture. It might be comparable to Beard Papa. Is it a better one? Mmmm, yes for the coffee flavor, I guess.



VIA Red Velvet Cake (IDR 25k)
Don't expect it to be just a common one. It's sort of coffee velvet cake. Starbucks combined their secret VIA coffee with this kind of cake. The thing was it's not kinda boring layered cake, it's a rolled one. For the taste, it's really good. The red velvet was way dominated by the coffee and nut flavor. There's no regret to try this one, it's worth trying.

Among these luscious dishes and drinks, I was really really into the bla bla bla Foccacia, Smoked Beef Quiche, and, of course, Sea Salt Caramel Mocha. Warm welcome, nice foods, drinks, and fellow writers just brightened up my midterm week. I got a news, mmm, might not be a good one, I guess. Some of these luscious pleasure will no more available after November 5th. So, let's get it fast. ENJOY!



0 Comments: