#ANYONECANCOOK - RED VELVET CUPCAKES

Hello, this is supposed to be my first #ANYONECANCOOK post.



After a long consideration, I decided to pick Red Velvet Cupcakes for my #ANYONECANCOOK. It's not because the trend or anything else, I just really wanna make one from my own hand hehe.
Actually, It was my second time making this kind of cupcakes. At the first time, I tried a recipe from Laura Vitale. Sadly, It end up with a big failure due to my wrong measurement. This time I tried a recipe from JOYOFBAKING and happily it turned out not bad and tasted quite good, I guess.

Here it is.

INGREDIENTS:
The Batter
125 grams cake flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
57 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
150 grams granulated white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
120ml buttermilk (fresh milk with a tablespoon lemon juice)
1 tablespoon red food coloring (you may use it less then one)
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar (or lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Cream Cheese Frosting
227 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
115 grams icing sugar
160 ml cold heavy whipping cream (I changed it with a plain yoghurt)






STEP BY STEP:
The Cake
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celcius
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
3. In the bowl of electric mixer, beat the butter until soft (about 2 minutes)
4. Add the sugar and beat until it's getting light and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
5. Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
6. Add the vanila extract and beat until combined.
7. In a measuring cup, add the fresh milk with the lemon juice and the red food coloring.
8. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add athe flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending it with the flour.
9. In a small cup, combine the vinegar/ lemon juice with baking soda. Allow the mixture to fix and then quickly put it into the cake batter.
10. Finally, divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
11. Bake in the preheated oven 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes and comes out clean.
12. Cool the cakes in the pans for about 10 minutes, remove them from the pan, and let it cool completely before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract, icing sugar, and beat it.
3. Gradually, add the heavy cream until the frosting is thick enough to pipe.
4. Add more sugar or cream as needed to get the right consistency.




And now, let me be the judge of my own cakes. Frankly, the cake tastes quite good, not bad for a newbie-amateur cook, self-praise. The cream cheese's a bit sour as I change the whipped cream with plain yoghurt. Furthermore, the frosting still looks mess up. I found it's hard to make a "super cute"one haha and I think I need more practice. Overall, I'm so satisfied. It's not the best one I ever tasted but the best one I ever made.

ENJOY!

0 Comments: