ANYONECANCOOK - BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLE & CINNAMON


Hello, belly's best-mate! How's life?
Currently, I'm on a holiday until the early fevruary. So far, I had no internship, no trip, no courses, or whatever. I only got a plan for a trip on the early feb.  Nowadays, I got so much free time and I don't wanna this precious holiday wasted away. So, i think it's good to do something that I love, yes, it's baking.
This time, I tried a bread pudding recipe from joyofbaking.com. 


INGREDIENTS
Bread Pudding
8 cups of bread cubes, cut into bite sized pieces

Fruit
1 large peeled and cored apple, diced
1 cup of raisins

Custard:

4 large eggs
200 grams granuluted sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
57 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled
960 ml of full cream milk
1 cup Elle and Vire vanilla cream

STEP BY STEP
Bread Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Grease with butter the heatproof baking dish.
3. Place the baking dish into a larger roasting pan that has enough room around to fill the water.
4. Place the bread and the fruit in the baking dish.


Custard
1. In an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and lemon colored (more or less 4 minutes)
2. Beat in the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
3. Then, beat in the melted and cooled butter, the full cream milk, and Elle&Vire vanilla cream.

Assemble: Pour the prepared custard over the breand cubes until it's completely covered. Press down the bread cubes so they are covered with the custard.

Prepare a water bath. Carefully, pour in enough hot water so that the water is halfway up sides the baking pan. Bake about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Finally, remove the bread pudding from the water bath and cool slightly before serving.







Now, let me be the judge of my creation. It's actually one of the best baking I ever done heheh. Ya, I know that it's quite easy and I guess everybody seems has tried this at home. After several trials (you can see that I used three different baking dish, sigh), I finally got a good one. To be frank, it tasted good, not to sweet and still strong. Furthermore, I think I need to add more topping, it's kinda too plain.If you're looking for some sweet delights at home, this bread pudding is such a really good choice, yet an easy one. ENJOY!



5 Comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this james, kapan-kapan bisa dibawa ke kampus buat dicicip :9

Fajar Ahmad said...

looks tempting, James..

James Hezekiah said...

@Tini hihi nanti ya buat danus :)

@Fajar thanks, you'd better make one!

irene said...

my kind of recipe. 1 2 3, udah jadi! :D

FOOLOSOPHY said...

James!
Udh lama gak mampir dan surprise banget, ternyata template kita sama!hahahhaa!*eh maap, OOT*